All pupils must dress according to our Uniform Policy, which reflects our values and reinforces our school’s culture of high expectations and academic achievement.
Our school uniform is important to us because it is one way in which we identify ourselves as a school family and it promotes a strong, cohesive school identity which supports high standards and expectations in all areas of school life.
- Blazer, grey with blue trim* (optional)
- Fine knit v-neck jumper or cardigan (red with blue stripe) with Byron logo*
- White shirt
- School tie – royal blue with gold and red stripe*
- Grey skirt or grey trousers
- Grey/black tights or grey/black/white socks
- Black Shoes (not trainers)
Summer (optional from 1st May)
- Red and white gingham dress/playsuit
- White polo shirt with Byron logo* (worn tucked in)
- Grey skirt or grey shorts
- Grey / white Socks
- Black / white / navy / red shoes or closed sandals
PE Kit: Indoor & Outdoor
- T-shirt (royal blue) with Byron logo*
- Shorts (red)
- Tracksuit (red)
- For PE appropriate footwear is essential: trainers or plimsolls should be worn or bare feet for gymnastics only.
- Swimsuits: Year 1 and Year 5 have weekly swimming. Swimsuits should be plain (preferably blue, black or red). Swimhats (plain) should be worn
We ask that all clothing is named, including shoes, so that lost items can be returned to their owner. The school cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage of pupils’ property and valuables. All mislaid items are placed in the lost property box located in the school office. Please ask the school office if you wish to look through this box. We endeavour to return all named property, but give unclaimed lost property to a local children’s charity at the end of term.
Purchasing school uniform
All uniform items marked * in the list above (with the Ark Byron logo on them) are available from our supplier Khalsa Schoolwear.
Our uniform supplier is Khalsa Schoolwear.
You are able to order your child's uniform online at www.khalsaschoolwear.co.uk or go in to the Khalsa Schoolwear store at 388 Bethnal Green Road, London E2 0AH.
If you are ordering online, all you need to do is register a new account and select Ark Byron as the school.
Any unwanted items of uniform may be given to the school office. We host regular second-hand uniform sales where good quality items can be picked up for low cost.