Ark Byron Primary Academy is non-denominational and non-selective and will admit up to 60 reception pupils each year
Admissions for September 2020
Children born between 1 September 2015 and 31 August 2016 are due to start the first year of primary school (reception class) in September 2020.
All applications should be made through your local council from September 2019. The deadline for applications is 15th January 2020.
If you live in the Ealing borough, for the latest information and advice on applying to a primary school, please visit the council's website: www.ealing.gov.uk/admissions. You can phone the Admissions Section Monday-Friday 9am-12pm noon or e-mail email@example.com. You can apply online at www.eadmissions.org.uk.
You must apply directly to the council that you are living in at the time of application, regardless of the borough which the school is in. The deadline for applying for primary school is in January 2020 (to be confirmed). Applications received after this date are late and will not be considered until after national offer day. The national offer day for on-time applicants is 16th April 2020. If you apply online you will receive an email confirming the school that has been offered. Offer letters are sent to paper applicants.
If you miss the deadline please contact Ealing's Admission service (if you live in Ealing borough) for guidance.
We encourage everybody to apply. When there are issues of over-subscription, it is our duty to prioritise children with a Statement of Special Educational Needs or Education Health and Care Plan. We will then offer places to children in the following order of priority:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children
- Children of staff at the school, where there is a demonstrable skill shortage.
- Children who have a sibling who attends the academy.
- Children of staff in the school, where there is no demonstrable skill shortage.
- Distance measurement (distance from the child's home to the Byron building).
If you would like help in understanding the admissions process please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Ark Network Appeals Timetable September 2020 entry
If you are not happy with the school you are offered, Ealing Admissions says that you:
- will be automatically registered on the waiting list of your preferred school
- should consider the information about the criteria and distance of the last person to be offered a school place at you r preferred school,
- should not decline the offer of as place before speaking to the admissions section on 0208825 5511,
- are recommended to hold on to the place offered until you have a secured place at an alternative school that you prefere,
- lodge an appeal if you feel you have a strong case. Information on the appeal process can be found at www.ealing.gov.uk/admissions.
Appeals for children refused a place at a preferred school for admission to Reception in September 2020 will be heard in line with the School Admissions Appeals Code (2012).
Offer Date: 16 April 2020.
Deadline for lodging an appeal: To be confirmed
On-time appeals will be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for submitting appeals. Appeals submitted after this date will be heard within 40 school days of the appeal deadline or 30 school days of being submitted, whichever is the later date.
Parents/carers will be notified of their appeal date by an external agency engaged by the Ark network.
Please read the guidance below about infant class size appeals .
Please contact us at Ark Byron if you need a paper form.
We sometimes have pupils leaving us during the year in different year groups. Please see our Admissions policy above and email us if you are interested in a place at the school.