Ark Byron Primary Academy is non-denominational and non-selective and will admit up to 60 reception pupils each year
Admissions to Reception
Ark Network Appeals Timetable September 2020 entry
If you are not happy with the school you are offered, Ealing Admissions says that you:
- will be automatically registered on the waiting list of your preferred school
- should consider the information about the criteria and distance of the last person to be offered a school place at your preferred school,
- should not decline the offer of a place before speaking to the admissions section on 0208 825 5511,
- are recommended to hold on to the place offered until you have a secured place at an alternative school that you prefer,
- should read the information about infant class sizes (see below),
- lodge an appeal if you feel you have a strong case.
Information on the appeal process can be found at www.ealing.gov.uk/admissions.
Appeals for children refused a place at a preferred school for admission to Reception in September 2020 will be heard in line with the School Admissions Appeals Code (2012).
Due to the COVID-19 situation it will clearly not be possible to hold panel hearings in the usual way this year. The Department for Education has now issued revised guidelines for Admissions Authorities on how appeals should be dealt with, it being preferable that appeals are heard before the beginning of the Autumn term. All appellants will therefore be contacted with information about the exact process, which will be the same for all Ark schools. The aim is to complete hearings and for parents to be notified of the outcome of their appeal by 30th June 2020.
Deadline for lodging an appeal: 18 May 2020.
Parents/carers will be notified of their appeal date by an external agency engaged by the Ark network.
Please read the guidance below about infant class size appeals . guidance on infant class size appeals
Please contact us at Ark Byron if you need a paper form.
Admissions for September 2020 have now closed. Applications for September 2021 will open in September 2020
Children born between 1 September 2016 and 31 August 2017 are due to start the first year of primary school (reception class) in September 2021.
All applications should have been made through your local council from September 2020. The deadline for applications will be January 2021 (TBC).
If you live in the Ealing borough, for the latest information and advice on applying to a primary school, please visit the council's website: www.ealing.gov.uk/admissions. You can phone the Admissions Section Monday-Friday 9am-12pm noon or e-mail email@example.com. You can apply online at www.eadmissions.org.uk.
You must apply directly to the council that you are living in at the time of application, regardless of the borough which the school is in. The deadline for applying for primary school is in January 2020 (to be confirmed). Applications received after this date are late and will not be considered until after national offer day. The national offer day for on-time applicants is in April 2020 (date TBC). If you apply online you will receive an email confirming the school that has been offered. Offer letters are sent to paper applicants.
If you miss the deadline please contact Ealing's Admission service (if you live in Ealing borough) for guidance.
We encourage everybody to apply. When there are issues of over-subscription, it is our duty to prioritise children with a Statement of Special Educational Needs or Education Health and Care Plan. We will then offer places to children in the following order of priority:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children
- Children of staff at the school, where there is a demonstrable skill shortage.
- Children who have a sibling who attends the academy.
- Children of staff in the school, where there is no demonstrable skill shortage.
- Distance measurement (distance from the child's home to the Byron building).
If you would like help in understanding the admissions process please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
We sometimes have pupils leaving us during the year in different year groups. Please see our Admissions policy above and email us if you are interested in a place at the school.